working at heights course
This course develops the knowledge and skills required to safely undertake work at heights
Course Duration 8 hours
Participants Maximum of 12 persons
Cost Refer to Booking Form for the latest pricing.
Successful trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework
Course Outline & Learning Objectives
• Identify the scope and OHS requirements for the working at heights (WAH) task
• Identify the hazards and managing the risks of the WAH task
• Indetifying fall prevention / fall protection options & methods
• Selecting & inspecting appropriate tools and equipment for the specific WAH task
• Safely installing equipment for the WAH task
• Inspecting, fitting & safe use of Harnesses
• Safely performing work at heights
• Emergency procedures & rescue of a suspended worker
• Safely dismantling, cleaning, inspecting and storing working at heights tools & equipment
This Nationally Recognised course has been developed to provide participants with a theory and practical knowledge of equipment requirements and safe work methods to be used when working at heights. The course is suitable for persons who are required to work in areas where there may be a risk of falling and those who may be required to act as standby personnel and manage or supervise persons required to work at heights. Participants completing this course will understand the legislative requirements detailed in the OH&S Regulation and relevant Australian Standards, WorkCover Codes of Practice and the operation and maintenance of associated safety equipment used for working at heights.
Each Trainee Must Provide
• Own Transport
• Appropriate clothing, closed in footwear
Please contact our office on 0416 156 279 for specific costs associated with site based training.